What does the status of each section (ex. pre-alpha, alpha, etc.) mean?
Each section is in one of 3 states...
- Pre-Alpha: The first cut of a section. These haven't yet been officially approved by the broader design team or polished. Expect typos, broken links, code snippets that don't work, etc. These sections should be seen as pretty volitile and are subject to constant change.
- Alpha: The first approved version of a section. These have been approved by the broader design team, and should feel decently polished. These sections are less volitile than those in the pre-alpha stage, but are still subject to change as we learn how to best use them.
- Beta: The more final version of a section. These have been approved by the broader design team, have been tested in a myriad of different places, and should feel very polished. However these are still subject to change at any point.
How will I know when a section is updated?
- The changelog on this styleguide
- The Fabric mailing list (which you can join by answering one of the quizzes in the "Learn Fabric" section)
- The #fabric channel in Slack
When we update, we'll let you know through these 3 channels.
What does the ⚡ mean?
Any example with a ⚡ is a real life UIKit element, with real example code, which you can use today. All you need to do is require the element, copy/paste the code and you're ready to go!